MV Celebes Explorer is the best option if you really want to enjoy the Sipadan area, being not only the single Malaysian liveabord operating in the place, but also the best choice when you want to maximize your time and efforts.
This Celebes Explorer liveabord takes the tourist on a trip into one of the top 10 dive sites this planet offers to humans, with clear blue waters and outstanding underwater wildlife that embraces even the ships resting on the bottom, making them a beautiful part of the scenery and leaving divers with the desire to come back.
The best way to make the most of your experience is choosing the proper way to dive, especially when there is a limit for dives per day, such as is the case of the Sipadan Island, whose inhabitants are concerned with the protection of their ecosystem, thus, giving only 120 dive permits per day ever since the year 2000.
To that, we add the impossibility of resting on the Sipadan itself, giving that it is considered a wildlife and marine sanctuary and people are obliged to seek accommodation as close-by as they can.
This is how the idea of the Sipadan liveabord came to life. Created as an answer to the question of how to please tourists, the MV Celebes Explorer appeared in 2001, under the form of a wooden monohull motor, with three decks, accommodating up to 16 divers, while giving them the opportunity of doing quite a number of dives around the Sipadan Island.
And that is not all: one can also enjoy air-conditioned cabins and a saloon/restaurant while watching TV or listening to some good music, whereas sun-lovers have the possibility of sun bathing on the deck prepared especially for them. After a good day of diving, the best way to completely be happy is to relax and enjoy a massage in the sun.
The MV Celebes Explorer is just the beginning of a great idea, which balances perfectly people’s desires to have the best conditions while enjoying as much as possible of nature’s wonders g with the need to protect the ecosystem.
- 8 Guest rooms with private ensuite and air-conditioning
- Comfortable Sofa Lounge with TV, Audio System and Mini Bar
- Asian & local Buffet Meals
- Spacious Sun Deck for relaxation
- Dive Deck with convenience of showers and equipment storage
- Cruising speed of 8-10 knots
- Overall lenght of 29 metres (99 feet)
- Beam of 7.2 metres (24 feet)
- Draft of 2 metres (6.6 feet)
- Internet USB
Sample Itinerary (4D/4N)
|Days 2 - 3|
|Package||Twin Diver||Single Diver||Twin Non-Diver||Single Non-Diver|
|3 Days / 3 Nights||MYR 3,360.00||MYR 4,890.00||MYR 3,055.00||MYR 4,435.00|
|4 Days / 4 Nights||MYR 3,795.00||MYR 5,550.00||MYR 3,450.00||MYR 5,025.00|
|4 Days / 5 Nights||MYR 4,235.00||MYR 6,205.00||MYR 3,840.00||MYR 5,615.00|
|5 Days / 5 Nights||MYR 4,320.00||MYR 6,335.00||MYR 3,920.00||MYR 5,735.00|
|5 Days / 6 Nights||MYR 4,725.00||MYR 6,940.00||MYR 4,285.00||MYR 6,280.00|
|6 Days / 6 Nights||MYR 5,130.00||MYR 7,548.00||MYR 4,650.00||MYR 6,828.00|
|6 Days / 7 Nights||MYR 5,530.00||MYR 8,150.00||MYR 5,010.00||MYR 7,370.00|
|7 Days / 7 Nights||MYR 5,930.00||MYR 8,750.00||MYR 5,370.00||MYR 7,910.00|
- Round Trip Tawau airport / Semporna jetty transfer
- Twin/Double Share Accommodation in a private ensuite and air-conditioning cabin
- 04 – 05 Daily Dives (inclusive of evening dive for qualified diver – except for arrival & departure day). For 7D7N Sunday to Sunday cruise, Celebes Explore will cruise back to Semporna for replenishment around 1400hrs on Saturday with 3dives to be conducted before cruising back.
- All meals and beverages (excluding alcoholic and canned/bottled drinks, which could be purchased on board)
- Use of tanks, weight & weight belt.
- Sipadan Entry Permit (RM40 per day)
- Anything not stated above
- Semporna Jetty Fee (RM2 Malayisan or RM10 International)